It is time to learn how to write an analytical essay. This type of academic papers is not the easiest one to deal with. You can analyze book, movie, poem or some certain moment in history. The whole world is there to be analyzed. This paper is about critical and objective observation and detailed description of an object. But enough words, let’s learn what is an analytical essay.
What is an Analytical Essay
To learn how to write an analysis essay let’s start with the term. If it sounds unfamiliar to you, just stop worrying. You have met it before in the newspapers and other sources before without realizing that the format is very similar.
This piece of writing should be informative and well-thought. This is an observation of some certain object, topic or even idea. You should divide the main thing into pieces and analyze all aspects of it according to your topic. It can be related to the historic event, literature, a piece of art or process like Water Cycle or Cycle of Sleep.
How to Write an Analytical Essay on a Poem
One of the toughest analytical essay topics is one that relates to poems. Not even the most professional writers are aware of how to write an analytical essay on a poem. Fortunately, our experts are great and have an amazing level of experience in this field. Like in a persuasive essay, you need to analyze, research, and collect data.
This topic requires from you to research the content of a certain poem. You need to explore its structure and style in an explanatory manner. And you aim to make your reader understand how great and significant the poem you are analyzing is. You may take any popular poem and make it your own topic. So, what is an analytical essay on a poem? Yes, it is an analysis of its content on various parameters. Here are few the most significant poems ever written:
- “The New Colossus” by Emma Lazarus
- “Ode on a Grecian Urn” by John Keats
- “The Tiger” by William Blake
- “A Psalm of Life” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Holy Sonnet 10: Death, Be Not Proud” by John Donne
Analytical Essay Example
Brainstorm Analytical Essay Topics
Here is how you should start your analysis essay. The main thing to start with is to get yourself a nice and winning topic. You need to figure out what you are going to write about. It may sound obvious. This step is crucial if you want to get a better grade and succeed.
The thing is that you have only two ways of how your analysis essay will get a topic. You may get it as a prompt by your teacher, or it can be just a free topic to deal with. Both ways have their strong and weak sides. Your task is to open the topic no matter how did you get it. It is better if the topic is familiar to you or you are passionate about it. Here are few interesting topics suggestions on various subjects.
Social Analytical Essay Topics
- Sports and drug use. Analyze the reason athletes use drugs
- Why is graffiti considered art?
- Explore multiculturalism significance in the modern society
- Analyze body size and fashion to discuss the importance for models to be slim or free size
- Tell why gender roles are changing
- Discuss families with one parent and its effect on kids
- Differences between men and women friendship and relationships
- Career or family life. Is it possible to have a balance?
- Discuss child-free families and if it is selfish for a couple to have no children
- Music and health. Is there any effect of music on human health?
Art & Media Analytical Essay Topics
- Analyze the main character of “Moby Dick”
- Explain the reasons why “Gone with the wind” are so important for Hollywood history
- Tell why the movie has such an impact on the modern pop culture
- Explore the background of the author and its influence on the book
- Analyze the style XIX century writers used in their works
- Describe the influence of horror movies and comics on human brain
- Explain your decision to limit your kids watching TV or not
- Your favorite movie is based on a novel; describe it
- Describe the novel that laid down a concept for your favorite album
- Get a suggestion of the most relevant Christmas movie
Nature and Environment Topics
- Explain why do you think circuses should be banned all over the world
- Describe what are the real relationships between dogs and cats
- Tell about your relationship with nature and organic food
- Compare ants colonies with human cities
- Advise someone why would you get a pet for your child
- Explain why paintings by animals can be considered as an art
- Get your theory of why mouth is so attracted to flame
- Explain why dogs are the most faithful animals on the planet
- Get your explanation of why cats like boxes
- What are the main positive purposes of bacteria?
Create an Analytical Essay Thesis
There are two main things you need to learn about analytical essay thesis.
- The main goal of analysis essay is to prove your own point of view as a writer. You need to do a research and link the information together to make a certain statement. Your decision is the thing you need to present your reader through the analytical way. And this decision is called thesis. You should not get any personal features like in a reflective essay. If you are talking about some certain fact in history, you need to get main reasons that caused to that event.
- Your thesis is not just a simple question with a one-word answer. It is a complex sentence and statement that requires certain reaction and similar complex answer. The number of factors in that statement can be huge. It can be very controversial. It should hit the target.
Create an Analytical Essay Outline
One of the most interesting and tough tasks is to create the structure of your future analysis essay. It is called an outline. This step is very important and will help you to deal with the entire paper properly. It doesn’t matter how many paragraphs you have in your paper. Analytical essay outline mainly deals with the topic and thesis statement.
Analytical Essay Introduction
If one wants to learn how to write an analytical essay introduction, he needs to get some background info for his text. It should have a hook to get your reader interested. Or you can use any other way. Just make your Introduction effective. The information you present in your intro should be relevant to your thesis statement. Here is a default Introduction structure for analysis essay:
- Brief introduction or a hook to engage your reader
- Brief background information about the topic
- Slight transition (Use just one sentence)
- Thesis statement
The Body of your analysis essay is the biggest and the main part. Its goal is to prove your thesis statement you’ve presented in the Introduction. Divide your thesis into certain parts and write an individual paragraph for each part. If you are talking about human evolution, you should devise your thing into stages and create a paragraph for each one. You may start with the most ancient period and write about each significant change in human evolution. Here is the proper structure:
- Introduce your main topic with just one or two sentences. It should up to the point and effective.
- Describe your main evidence and tell how it supports your thesis statement. Here you should go just with one or two sentences. Some authors consider this paragraph to be the most important of the entire paper. It will give your reader the feel of how do you understand the topic. These sentences should be creative and effective in the most interesting way.
- Any essay of this type needs supporting evidence. In this part, you will demonstrate to your reader how well you did your research. The entire paper is based on the evidence that you’ve found. Make a nice transition between this part and the previous one.
- It is time to write some conclusion before the main conclusion part. After any strong evidence, you need to get the job done by adding a concluding sentence and describe the significance of the entire topic.
Your Body should be clear and effective. With just a few sentences you need to show the reader your point of view and explain the thing he might never hear before. And if the person can’t understand your point of view, it means you made some mistakes in your text.
How to Write a Conclusion for an Analytical Essay
And the last part of our guide is on how to write a Conclusion for an analytical essay. One needs to understand that Conclusion has a role that is very important to the entire effect your paper has on your reader. This is your last try to make an impression or improve it after the entire paper was read.
You need to restate your thesis statement and make a summary of your supporting evidence. And the last shot will be the ending concluding the sentence. Make a sound like a statement. You may tell your reader what you have learned from your own paper. Here is a default structure:
- Thesis statement rephrasing
- Summarize main evidence
- Main concluding statement
Learn How to Write an Analytical Essay from Our Experts
If you still have questions on how to write an analytical essay or is seeking for any other type of help, our experts are always glad to give a helping hand. Just order any academic paper you are struggling with and accept the most effective help you can find.